Monday, March 16, 2009

i want spaghetti!


I made spaghetti for dinner just awhile ago. The sauce was a mixture of tomato/spaghetti sauce, grilled pork, freshly chopped(by me!) basil leaves, and four cloves of garlic. The aroma was good and very Italian-ish, thanks to my secret ingredient, Italian seasoning. It was a joke actually, my dad called from work asking what would we like for dinner and my kuya suggested all types of delicious yet frivolous stuff for fun such as lasagna, fried chicken, and pizzas til I finally cut in, "I WANT SPAGHETTI!!!"

One hour after, the only daughter around was forced to ready the stainless pot boiling and chopping board tainted with fresh basil leaves. I was JOKING...! Hahaha. Anyway, it was rather fun messing around than reading my 35 articles of my professor all the time. Chop-chop-chop and wooooosh...my very own spaghetti!

http://www.about-losangelesca.com

With a few mistakes, everything was perfect. Well, the pasta was a little too firm, the sauce too meager, and the preference of tuna instead of pork (strictly health reasons). Nonetheless, it was a tasty dinner eaten at our usual hour of 10 o' clock, near midnight. Yeah, that IS normal in this family.

Everything was fine til I twirled my last coil of spaghetti and shoved it to my already full mouth. Yes, amid the negative aura simmering just around the corner, we were perfectly okay. Parents. They are so...yeah. Anyway, not that they had any arguments that I don't know of. Too bad my spaghetti did not help either. Haha. The whole reason of me writing at this very moment is just because of this actually.

It's just sad to know if other families (with better and sophisticated food) are this unhappy at their dinner table no matter how much gorgeous food is displayed before them. Not that mine is always like this silent, with my three loud--as in laugh-til-you-drop brothers around!? This is merely just a thought like the million others I'm having now. Right?

FYI: Spaghetti and everything italian are only second to my love of sushi and everything Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment